Equipment Operator, Plastics
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most. We have the following opportunity at our Manufacturing facility in Alliston, located 1 hour North of Toronto.
Equipment Operators, Plastics
Temporary Part-time (6 month contracts approximately with opportunity for permanent status)
11pm-11am Fridays and Saturdays – 24 hours/week
This position is responsible for IV bag assembly where you will operate our plastic cutting, grinding and blending equipment. The Equipment Operator, Plastics is also responsible for troubleshooting and making minor equipment adjustments in order to produce a quality product in an efficient manner. This role has the opportunity to pick up extra shifts as well as take part in a Production Technician training course with Georgian College for those that meet the performance requirements.
· Completion of High School or GED Required (Proof will be requested)
· Ability to work weekend shifts (12 hour nights Fridays and Saturdays)
· Previous experience working in a fast paced environment (experience working in an assembly line setting is preferred)
· Experience in troubleshooting mechanical problems
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Proven ability to show initiative, a positive attitude, and an ability to work in a team setting with a focus on quality assurance and attention to detail.
· Must be available to train during the week at full time hours for an approximate 6 week period.
Due to the nature of our business, Baxter follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) which requires our employees to focus on cleanliness and contamination control. Other aspects of GMP that must be observed are no makeup or jewelry in the production areas.
To become part of our team at Baxter Corporation, please apply online or hand in a resume to the front reception at 89 Centre St. South, Alliston
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at 705-435-6261.