Programmer Analyst/Application Engineer
- The opportunity is for an “Application Engineer” position based out of the Largo, FL office supporting the DoseEdge product line.
- Create and deliver fully tested technical solutions and, when required, modify basic computer systems design on schedule, within prescribed resource limits, and in accordance with client requirements and departmental standards.
- Continue to develop understanding of the computer programming process in both development and maintenance situations and assume an increasingly active role in the area of computer systems design.
- Support user client inquiries and problems, and address operational and program discrepancies.
- Analyze, develop and support pharmacy order interfaces in support of business requirements.
- Follows approved software development life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding, testing, and application support.
- Provide configuration and end-user support to current client-server applications. Actively resolves technical issues through thorough debugging, research, and issue investigation.
- Code, test, debug, and document programming application activities following SDLC processes, application processes and quality validation (when appropriate) for small to medium projects.
- Assist in developing detailed specifications from which incumbent will write programs.
- Develop test requirements, prepare and document test data for unit and system testing.
- Assist in support of production systems. Develop problem-solving skills to assist in resolution of business problems.
- Develop analytic skills to identify solutions to problems and trend and identify opportunities.
- Develop relationships with businesses and functions to understand their needs. Continue to develop business or functional knowledge by responding to and resolving user questions, problems and inquiries. Work with the business or function to assist in the discussion of proposed solutions and define user requirements.
- Increase exposure to the technical infrastructure.
- Programming skills in technologies used.
- Understanding of database concepts.
- Solid written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of the systems development life cycle and technology infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Must 1+ years of programming experience either through formal education, internship, or work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.