Manager, Technical Service
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The successful candidate will keep an optimum flow of the whole technical support process in order to guarantee the effectiveness of the customer/patient service through the integration of all the related processes regarding Baxter medical equipment and post-sale service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Service management
- To provide direction, set priorities and assure proper performance as it pertains to Renal/Med. Delivery Technical Support Center and Renal/Med. Delivery Technical Product Management, Technical Training, Hemodialysis Operational Support and In service Coordination.
- To secure compliance to local and Baxter Corporate procedures and policies
- Ensure that service technicians and their supervisors have the tools, proper training and follow processes to fulfill our customer expectations and also to develop their own career path
- Manage new product releases and enhancements to determine the serviceability of the product and determine the requirements for training, test equipment, tools, spare parts, manuals and instructions.
- Elaboration and administration of the Technical Service SOP’s
- Drive deployment of Field Corrective Actions (FCAs) on timely manner and fulfilling assigned budget.
Business partnership management
- To meet local service levels committed by the business with external customers, by maintaining the right balance between operation excellence, and cost and ensuring 100% compliance. To keep a close relationship with Sales and Marketing (GBU’s) by supporting medical equipment sales and providing value added focus as a strategic business partner.
- To develop and keep close relationship with customer’s through regular contact and visits according to the segmentation focused on the service optimization and the development of new businesses.
- Be available to travel to support Sales and Marketing through customer visits.
- Be able to collaborate and work effectively with internal customers and other departments.
- Manage equipment related problems by effectively communicating with all departments to resolve issues which affect product quality or customer satisfaction.
Operational Excellence, monitoring and control
- Develop and deploy a short/long term TS strategy to enable cost savings and profit oriented opportunities.
- Drive operational excellence by: standardizing depot and field repair processes
- Work with other Service managers to integrate all of Service.
- To lead, with Finance, the TS budget and forecast process
- To monitor and control the KPIs (key performance indicators): operational, spare parts, quality, compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Embrace new IT tools implementation and deliver a lean/flexible structure to fulfill the business unit’s demands.
- Continuously challenge the status quo to become the best in class TS team in the local medical device industry.
- Ensure CTS objectives are in alignment with global/local business priorities
- Provide coaching and feedback to staff to ensure ongoing individual/team development and the attainment of performance objectives. He/She will attract, develop and retain the best team in the industry.
- Identify internal and external best-demonstrated practices and ensure that skill sets and capabilities exist within the organization to execute the strategy.
- Provide leadership through transformational/organizational change
Education and Experience
The position requires a University degree. Bachelor of Science/Engineering is preferred.
The position requires specialization in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering. Specialization in Biomedical, Business, Operations and P.Eng is preferred.
Type of Experience
The position requires experience within Electro-mechanic equipment industry Service and/or Operations Management. The position prefers individuals with experience with medical or medical related and has managed a departmental budget. Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience is required for the position, and prefers 7 to 10 years.
Additional Skills/Special Training/Technical Skills Required
The position requires knowledge on medical technologies management focused on the customer's satisfaction, Budget management experience, Effective in using Microsoft Office. Exhibits integrity, trust, work ethic, sound judgement, pragmatism, has sense of urgency and has the ability to manage organizational matrix. Specific knowledge on healthcare therapies, intra-hospitable management, Operation and financial is preferred for this position.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.