Sr Analyst, Transportation
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Manage a portfolio of projects that impact all supply chain functions within the Americas. Must be able to provide project risk assessment, develop and manage multi-project timelines, define deliverables, and effectively utilize shared resources. Has the ability to conceptualize, document, and communicate solutions to meet business objectives across the supply chain. Manage carrier relationships, negotiate rates and develop and maintain metrics for performance and cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide project leadership over a range of supply chain initiatives, including timelines, deliverables, and reporting
- Negotiates contracts with carriers, based on Baxter transportation strategies and monitors provider compliance by conducting ongoing business reviews.
- Ensure overall compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain metrics to monitor performance of transport providers
- Lead and collaborate to deliver effective management of change, through communication, systems and processes
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels of the organization and function as a liaison with internal and external customers, suppliers and vendors.
- Project management skills, transportation experience, negotiation skills, excellent analytical, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain management strategies
- Ability to manage and lead projects
- Spanish Speaking is desired
- Highly competent in various MS Office applications, including MS Excel and MS Access highly desired
- 7+ years' experience within the logistics field
- Strong, hands-on experience with TMS solutions strongly desired
- Experience with all modes of Transportation, both domestic and international