Principal Engineer with experience in Solution Development
Req #: 170007ZN_en
Location: Braine-l'Alleud, BE
Job Category: Research and Development
Date Posted: 11/15/2017 5:41:24 AM
DescriptionOur employees around the world are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us as a company in doing work that matters.
Do you want to know why it is so wonderful to work for Baxter? Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
As principal Engineer you will be part of the Medication Delivery Support and New Product development containers which support Medication delivery market needs.
You will manage and perform technical support activities to meet the Global strategies in the MD Business Unit and you will display standard engineering principles to resolve difficult problems, from conception to final design with team input.
You will be in charge of project assignments in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of various engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
More specifically, you will:
- Define, in collaboration with related department heads, the plans and strategies pertaining to implementation of projects, in order to meet project timeline.• Supervise and direct the efforts of other staff members providing guidance, instructions and coaching, in order to develop the employee’s ability to work independently while meeting performance expectations.
- Supervise and direct the efforts of other staff members providing guidance, instructions and coaching, in order to develop the employee’s ability to work independently while meeting performance expectations.
- Participate in development and improvement activities associated with Chemistry , Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) including material selections both in the market and emerging regions. These activities may include formulation development and improvement; analytical method development and validation and manufacturing process development, improvement and validation.
- Act/Support the Solutions (Technical) Lead for Medication Delivery NPD / SPO projects.
- Support production of development batches in collaboration with other functions (e.g. Process Development) and according to GMP. Perform critical review of data obtained and issue protocols & reports.
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of release of new products/line extensions, product improvements, value improvements, changes in regulatory requirements, supplier-initiated changes, and complaint investigations.
- Response to enquiries from internal colleagues & from external requests.
- When needed, supervise/coordinate the activities of a support engineer on specific assigned work. Provide technical guidance when appropriate.
- Apply state-of-the-art engineering tools/methodologies/principles (sampling plan & study layout definition, data statistical analysis,...) to design product according to applicable Product Development Process and design control procedures.
- Participate and/or lead periodic technical project reviews for assigned project(s)
- Maintain & further develop a high degree of engineering knowledge in his fields of competence
QualificationsWho you are
- Education: Bachelor Master degree in relevant scientific disciplines ( Chemistry or Material Engineering) with at least 5 years’ experience
- Possess relevant technical, writing and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Medication Delivery (IV, Irrigation) products is a plus.
- Good knowledge in formulation / solutions development.
- Open for innovation and proposal of new ideas. Contribute to the exploration of new ideas. Have good creativity thinking skills.
- Good knowledge in statistical analysis.
- Working knowledge of international/regional/national regulations and standards (e.g. ICH, FDA ...).
- Utilize a logical, methodical approach (such as DMAIC) independently solving problems, developing solutions, and making recommendation.
- Ability to interpret results from complex instrumentation and scientific studies.
- Ability to organize, assess and communicate complex information that engages the audience.
- Ability to make decisions when provided with limited information.
- Contribute to efforts beyond own scope of responsibilities to ensure project milestones are met.
- Ability to effectively mentor junior level associates
- Ability to design experiments and draw meaningful conclusions from lab data.
- Experience in working in global cross-functional teams and project management is a plus.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess sound analytical knowledge.
- Self-motivated and take personal accountability for getting the job done.
- Quality oriented.
- Demonstrate flexibility.
- GMP experiences in parenteral pharmaceutical industry would be a great advantage
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
If you want to learn more about career opportunities go to http://www.baxter.com/careers.page
Who we are
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care.
Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business.
Every day at Baxter is a chance to save and sustain lives
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO AGENCIES:
Baxter does not accept referrals from recruitment agencies regarding the jobs posted on this site unless formally instructed by Baxter. Recruitment agencies are required to contact Baxter’s Human Resources department to obtain prior written approval before referring any candidates to Baxter. Obtaining the prior written approval is a prerequisite to any agreement between the recruitment agency and Baxter. In the absence of such written approval or Baxter purchase order, any actions undertaken by the recruitment agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent of Baxter. Baxter shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by recruitment agencies as regards the vacancies posted on this site.