Customer Service Spec
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages telephone, fax, and electronic or web product orders. Handles exceptions as required and handles general inquiries and correspondence for customers.
- Resolves complex customer questions, complaints and requests, where judgment and initiative are required to resolve and/or make recommendations. For instance tracks, codes, investigates and resolves problems related to shipment of products, returns, credits, and new orders.
- May handle processing and issuing credits for returns.
- Through the ordering process obtains information on the amount, type, stock on hand. Expedites product availability and manages the release of back orders. May monitor reorder points and initiate action to replenish stock. Works with the customer to determine needed quantities and frequency of delivery of product.
- Sets-up new accounts, documents service requirements, maintains other records, and prepares customer required reports.
- May be required to handle regulatory procedures for federal and state regulations.
- May provide guidance, training, and new hire phase-in to peers or other non-exempt department employees.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to mailto:Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.