QA Inspector 3rd shift
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Position: Inspector, QA - Operations
The Quality Assurance Inspector - Operations is a Salaried Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by ensuring our products and packaging meet stringent quality standards through a variety of sampling, testing and analytical processes.
Essential Job Duties
If assigned to the filling/pouching/packing departments:
- Perform scheduled line checks which include verifying the correct filling equipment and production supplies are being used, the filling equipment is assembled correctly, the settings are appropriate and the batch signage is correct
- Collect samples and verify container, components and over-pouch meet quality standards, verify the accuracy & legibility of the print and check for indications of leakage
- Examine and verify that the packaging equipment’s performance meets quality standards
- Test and confirm that the equipment is passing/failing batch information and product properly
If assigned to the plastics department:
- Collect samples of produced materials (i.e. membranes, bags, tubing, frangibles) and visually inspect for irregularities and verify dimensions are within specification
- Perform seal integrity testing on a sample of produced materials
- Employ various methods of testing such as freeze mode, destructive oven testing and striation testing
Job Duties regardless of assigned department:
- Transport samples to and from work area with a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)
- Document and initiate the exception process if exception is encountered using the Production Operations Management System (POMS) to research and provide details
- Record checks and the result into POMS
- Write and submit changes to a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) document when a process used by the QA Inspector is in need of an update
- Enter exception data into a spreadsheet for trending and reporting purposes
- Participate in the validation process for new equipment, equipment changes and new processes by performing product testing and reporting on the results
- Calibrate gauges, rulers, cylinders when necessary using blueprints and calibration equipment
- May be designated as an Subject Matter Expert (SME) on an assigned SOP
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality or discrepancy issues occur
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles including maintaining and securing provided tools
- Can include working in a Class I, Class II, Class III or Class IV Controlled Environment which may include the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses, ear plugs, hairnet, beard cover, isolation mask, gown, hood, boots or shoe covers and gloves.
- There is constant or intermittent noise and vibration
- This position involves working around moving equipment, machinery and conveyors
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- QT Certification or Workkeys aptitude tests (CRC) with minimum scores of: Level 4 in mathematics, Level 4 in locating information and Level 4 in reading
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Proficient in how to use measurement tools (Caliper, Micrometer, Ruler, etc.) as well as basic hand tools
- Possess or be able to obtain Worksaver Operator Certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.