Director, Manufacturing Strategy
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Director, Manufacturing Strategy
- Provides input into the company's strategic plans, capacity and improvement strategies.
- Supports the annual strategic planning activities for the function ensuring corporate guidelines and schedules are met.
- Supports businesses and regions in their environmental/ business assessments and development/review of their long-term strategies.
- Develops manufacturing strategies consistent with the business strategy to ensure ability to deliver the planned business results
- Guides regional manufacturing operations through in-depth analysis and resolution of key strategic manufacturing issues.
- Supports the review and prioritization of manufacturing investments, and fulfills requirements of the Manufacturing Council (comprised of the company's senior manufacturing leaders)
- Recommends best-in-class Operational Excellence practices to be adopted in our global plants
- Provides key inputs towards optimizing the global manufacturing network and in managing aggregate capacities of the network
- Provides strategic link with division/region business development
- Coaches and develops team members (typically manufacturing and strategy professionals from businesses / regions.) when working on projects
Requires a bachelor’s degree in science/technology/engineering and master’s degree in business administration or Industrial Engineering/ Operations Research. Requires ten or more solid years of business experience and, at least, five years of management experience in dealing with issues of business and manufacturing strategy. Experience in large scale, medical device manufacturing network is highly preferred.
Familiarity with discrete manufacturing operations employing plastics processing technologies (e.g. extrusion, injection molding, automated assembly). Exposure to manufacture of sterile products a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.