Research Associate III Analysis
Our employees around the world are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us as a company in doing work that matters.
Do you want to know why it is so wonderful to work for Baxter? Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
As Research Associate III in the Analytical Team you will
- Participate to a variety of projects by conducting routine and non-routine testing, designing experiments, developing/evaluating/validating and/or transferring analytical methods without any assistance
- Contribute to Baxter portfolio extension as senior analytical lead of complex and/or large size projects, anticipate requests from authorities to act pro-actively and support supervision with resources estimations.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Specific Technique/Software (eg: Enoval / Fusion / GC / HPLC / MS)
More specifically you will:
- Perform laboratory testing in a qualified environment following procedures (equipment and analytical procedures) and local or global processes, with respect to timeline and planning assigned to the team.
- Report any issue within area of work (out of trend, out of specification results, equipment issue or conflict in activities), propose solutions and participate in investigations whenever needed.
- Review critically LNB and data (TA1) to ensure compliance with analytical methods, global and local procedures (GDP, quality system, etc)
- Work with software in place (SIMS, LIMS, Equipments’ software, development and statistical tools (e-noval, MVM, fusion, minitab))
- As study director of request, ensure the purpose of the document is clearly understood, challenge the content (sample number, test to perform), ensure follow-up and discuss results.
- Conduct request or compendia queries and proposed improvements to troubleshooting. Collect data and prepare relevant documentation.
- Ensure appropriate archiving of all documents associated to laboratory activities.
- Adhere, understand and apply EHS rules in place.
- Mentor RAI, RAII and foreign visitors in their laboratory’s activities and on project management.
- Propose process improvement
- Mainly act as method developer and/or analytical lead
As senior method developer
- Collect information required for the analytical target profile from project manager, supervision, product owner.
- Propose new techniques and develop analytical method without assistance.
- Collect data from development and take decisions based on the obtained results, prepare support and present development status in technical review meeting.
- Advise supervision when facing issue and propose options to meet timelines or provide new timelines in case of troubleshooting
- Design complex study design and write protocols, reports and procedures autonomously as study director
- Collect information related to product, specification, validations, timelines, release and stability sites. Analyze documents and identify gaps/risks in term of analytics (vs guideline, internal specifications,…) to build the Analytical Business Strategy for more complex and/or medium to large size projects.
- Identify requirement in terms of equipment and reference standards for sites impacted by the project
- Support technical lead on definition of commitments and plan analytical activities for the different sites to ensure these commitments will be met (development, evaluation, validation, documents issuance, waiver redaction,…)
- Anticipate and communicate in an appropriate way possible delay on timing due to limited resources or equipment availability, propose alternatives and challenge the appropriateness of activities.
Who you are
- PhD with at least 3 years of experience, Master in the relevant scientific discipline with at least 5 years of experience in analytical chemistry method development
- Possess a strong technical knowledge on analytical techniques with previous experience on development, validations or investigation on analytical method.
- Possess a previous experience in project management and understand the roles and interactions with other disciplines as formulation, regulatory affairs, process development, quality control, etc
- Present a good knowledge of Baxter products, ICH guidelines and submission process
- Able to identify and solve technical issues thanks to his/her critical mind and “out of the box” thinking.
- Able to work in a team environment and demonstrate an inclusion attitude.
- Takes ownership and leadership for getting the job done.
- Eagerness to learn and is the motor of his knowledge development by prospecting for training
- Strong communication skills and can write in a clear way
- Can manage conflicts and influence other
- Autonomous, organized and precise
- Flexible to changes
- Scientific honesty
- Excellent French and English skills
What we offer
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
If you want to learn more about career opportunities go to http://www.baxter.com/careers.page
Who we are
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care.
Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business.
Every day at Baxter is a chance to save and sustain lives
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO AGENCIES:
Baxter does not accept referrals from recruitment agencies regarding the jobs posted on this site unless formally instructed by Baxter. Recruitment agencies are required to contact Baxter’s Human Resources department to obtain prior written approval before referring any candidates to Baxter. Obtaining the prior written approval is a prerequisite to any agreement between the recruitment agency and Baxter. In the absence of such written approval or Baxter purchase order, any actions undertaken by the recruitment agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent of Baxter. Baxter shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by recruitment agencies as regards the vacancies posted on this site.