Facilities B4 Mechanic
1UMM8 - B4 MAINTENANCE MECHANIC II - PROJECT /FABRICATION CREW
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
* Support North Cove and Corporate Engineers by performing tasks required to
implement various types of projects.
* Perform machinery and equipment installations, relocation, and removals.
* Perform as required repairs to machinery and equipment throughout the North
* Install and connect electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic controls and
* Proficiently set-up and operate basic machine shop equipment to include,
but not limited to, standard milling machines, standard engine lathes,
drill presses, surface and pedestal grinders, belt sanders, cut-off and
band saws, and other general machine shop equipment.
* Proficiently set-up and operate standard metal fabrication equipment to
include, but not limited to, metal shears, metal saws, hydraulic and standard
sheet metal brakes, hydraulic and manual presses, rollers, grinders, sanders,
and polishing equipment and other general fabrication shop equipment, also
work with various plastics.
* Proficiently perform welding operations utilizing Electric Arc, T.I.G., M.I.G.,
and Oxy-Acetylene gas operation.
* Proficiently fabricate and modify parts for the installation, modification, or
rebuilding of machinery and equipment, and similar projects.
* Fabrication projects include, but are not limited to, machine and equipment
frames, solution and holding tanks, safety guarding, covers, bins, drain pans,
and other structural and sheet metal projects.
* Perform carpentry, general plumbing, pipefitting, and welding tasks as required.
* Utilize blueprints, drawings, sketches, and actual samples to obtain the
information necessary to complete projects or repairs.
* Maintain 6-S standards for work areas.
* Perform preventative maintenance on shop machines and shop facilities.
* Provide on the job training for registered apprentices as assigned by
* Possess a working knowledge of Corporate Specifications, and North Cove
Standard Operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices associated
with project and facility repairs.
* Perform maintenance tasks and activities in other areas of the plant when required for support
of overall maintenance efforts.
* Perform as required documentation utilizing Maximo CMMS system.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
* Use hand tools, power tools, welders, and various types of machine shop, and
sheet metal shop machines and equipment.
* Occasionally required to work in area that are hot, cold, noisy, or dirty.
* Must use caution while working around the installation of moving machinery
or equipment and comply with all Lock out/Tag out rules and requirements.
* Must conform to the North Cove dress code.
* Must comply with Safety and Arc Flash procedures for particular work area.
* Work Overtime as required.
* Must demonstrate welding competency by performing a welding competency test.
* Must comply with all welding requirements per SOP NC-01-05-40, NC-06-01-16,
* Must complete training code MAWCT (Distilled Water System Welding
* Must demonstrate sheet metal abilities.
* Mill Right experience a plus.
* Metal Fabrication and welding skills a plus.