Director, Supplier Development Engineering
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Develop, implement and manage global procurement strategies, objectives, policies and programs for Direct Materials. Responsible for the coordination and consolidation of global purchases and supplier management to achieve the most favorable quality, service, cost and technology for product/service. Lead activities in quality improvement, value improvement, purchasing system enhancements, environmental awareness and the development of suppliers while developing, managing and coordinating programs to leverage company-wide expenditures including purchasing and supplier initiatives in support of Baxter objectives.
1. Responsible for driving results that yield maximum value for the organizations purchasing dollars in Direct Materials.
2. Responsible for the development, execution and coordination of company-wide Direct Materials procurement activities that ensure that total expenditures with common suppliers are effectively leveraged.
3. Relentless in searching for, identifying, and capturing cost reduction and value enhancement opportunities.
4. Establishes and manages long-range Direct Material category business plans which anticipate global trends in technology, economic, and sociopolitical conditions.
5. Builds shared vision and common goals across teams and strong relationships within and outside of Baxter
6. Effectively manages long-term relationships with suppliers andexternal stakeholders.
Bachelor's Degree; MBA desirable. CPM preferred.
Minimum 10 years relevant business experience with at least 5 as a manager.
Ability to think strategically and globally; ability to manage diverse stakeholder interests and expectations; in depth knowledge of complex pricing arrangements and supplier profitability; strong ethical background.
Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills.
Strong decision maker surrounding multi-million dollar contracts and agreements and major policies.
Risk management skill set required to drive innovative solutions and problem solving analysis and resolution.
Seasoned negotiator with knowledge of cost tools such as material breakdown, benchmarking, value analysis, value engineering, complex RFQ’s and eBidding tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.