Chief Stationary Engineer 2nd Class
The Chief Operating Engineer/Stores Supervisor is responsible for the overall power house supervision, facility systems and equipment within the plant facility. Generating and controlling departmental budges, R&M budge for Power House equipment and plant services including gas, water and electrical budgets. Highly involved in energy management for the facility along with coordinating and monitoring plant fire and security systems. Generating, implementing and overseeing new projects for plant services. Managing the administration of moist heat system sterilization to all Viaflex and PPB products while monitoring all personal and machinery to ensure that all regulatory standards for product sterility are met. General facility and grounds maintenance as well as supervision of the Plant Stores room.
Coach and Communicate to the engineer’s the Daily Plant and Production Requirements.
Supervise and manage Stationary Engineer personnel and one store room/purchaser by ensuring all employee training is up to date and safe working environments are maintained.
Support the release of products by completing process exception documents, open issues identified in weekly/quarterly/annual quality checks for all critical systems and close audit items.
Control and monitor operating budget for power house.
Plan and Monitor Plant Preventative Maintenance Schedules and Equipment Repair for Power House.
Coordinate with the Calibration Engineer to ensure all calibration requirements are completed on time.
Maintain Autoclaves by ensuring that a constant supply of sterilized trucks are supplied to packing by performing regular vessel maintenance, completing CWR’s, maintaining spare parts supply, troubleshooting and being available to perform critical repairs 24 hours a day.
Supervise the stockroom activities to ensure: 6s is maintained, inventory accuracy, component availability (“0” stock outs) , budget achieved.
Responsible for general facilities and grounds maintenance to meet safety and ongoing GMP compliance while achieving budget.
Support validation projects and complete protocols that aid process improvement and new product development. Assist with process improvements that will require specification creation or change requests, software changes, and modification to any process related.
Monitor energy costs of the plant (cost of steam, water, electricity and gas Consumption). Establish and maintain the plant energy program in compliance with ISO 50001
Required : Second Class Powered Engineer Certification
Preferred : Trade Certified Mechanical or Electrical
Type of Experience :
- Over 10 years as experience as Shift Engineer in Charge of Plant Operations, Maintenance and Facilities
- Boiler Room Operation /Administration
- Water Treatment
- Lean Management Principals
- EMS ( Perfect Equipment)
- Maintenance and Repair (Computerized Maintenance System)
- HVAC for Pharmaceuticals
· Pharmaceutical or Food Manufacturing experience
· Purchasing and/or Stores experience
· Previous Supervisory experience
· Boiler Room Operation /Administration
· Water Treatment
· Lean Management Principals
· EMS ( Perfect Equipment)
· Maintenance and Repair (Computerized Maintenance System)
· HVAC for Pharmaceuticals
Additional Skills :
· Strong problem solving, negotiating, solutions orientation and presentation skills.
· Capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought.
· Computer Knowledge Mechanical Aptitude.
· Strong process and project management capabilities.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, negotiation skills, ability to work with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
· Strong ability to balance multiple priorities.
· People management experience including the ability to motivate and mentor.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Heating and Ventilating.
· PLC Programming / Trouble Shooting Experience.
· 6 Sigma Certification / EMS Perfect Equipment Training.
· Familiarity with GMP Requirements.
· Understanding of Heat and Mass Transfer.
· Understanding of Fluid Mechanics.
· ISO 50001