Technical Development Program Intern/Co-Op
Req #: 170006G0_en
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Research and Development
Date Posted: 8/11/2017 10:46:36 AM
The Technical Development Program (TDP) Intern/Co-op will work in multi-discipline teams within Baxter’s business groups assisting engineers and scientists in new product development or product support activities. New product development activities may include component or device design, prototyping, feasibility testing and brainstorming. Product support activities may include root cause investigation and design change implementation.
Baxter is committed to developing its employees and providing them with opportunities that are personally challenging and professionally rewarding. The internship/co-op will allow the student to gain hands-on experience with different aspects of development and support of new medical device products. In addition, the student will receive mentoring from his/her manager and teammates, complementing the student’s studies and preparing the student for a successful engineering or science career at Baxter. Interns/co-ops that excel will be considered for the Technical Development Program, other full-time positions, or subsequent internships/co-ops.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in engineering or science fields of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science / Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry.
- Demonstrated academic performance – minimum GPA 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
- Completed two years in degreed program and enrolled in school the term following the internship/co-op.
- Proven track record of delivery of commitments
- “Passion” for Science or Engineering with a desire for a career in technology
- Strong technical aptitude and an analytic approach to problem solving
- Intern or Co-op experience (preferred)
- Self-confident team player with a drive for results.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in organization, team dynamics, effective communication and prioritization of tasks
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.