Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
The Plant Manager is accountable for all the operational units within the Alliston manufacturing facility including environmental health and safety, production, supply chain, engineering and project management; setting the organizational strategy, establishing production goals and plans, fostering a culture of continuous improvement through EMS, managing resources and resource allocations, and financial decision making. The Plant Manager partners with the Quality organization to ensure that the facility delivers quality product that will meet all customer and regulatory requirements in the most cost efficient and expeditious manner.
The top two priorities for all Baxter Alliston employees are Safety and Quality:
Safety: Support our goal to achieve a “Zero Harm Environment”, by ensuring the safety of yourself and your co-workers through:
- following all safety procedures
- understanding potential hazards in your area
- wearing appropriate PPE
- reporting all incidents / near-misses / concerns
- embracing 6s
Quality: Ensure the quality of our products to ensure patient safety and achieve our mission of “Saving and Sustaining Lives”. This can be achieved through:
• following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• adhering to all quality procedures
• completing training on-time
• Doing it Right the First Time, and
• reporting any quality concerns immediately.
As part of the plant’s Enterprise Management System (EMS), all employees must embrace a culture of Continuous Improvement by:
• participating in improvement activities
• identifying and implementing continuous improvement ideas
• participating in Tier meetings
• recognizing your peers
• embracing 6s.
• identifying and implementing VIP’s (Value Improvement Project)
• embrace continuous learning
• utilize Leader Standard Work
• utilize Root Cause Analysis tools to identify and prevent problems from recurring and drive measurable results.
Major Responsibilities / Activities:
Lead the facility management team in the direction and oversight of all plant operations; setting production goals and targets, resolving any issues between departments, and serving as the top accountable individual for the plant. Manage the overall manufacturing process to deliver environmental health and safety, highest value products (cost and quality) and meet the supply chain service expectations by optimizing productivity (labour and equipment), minimizing waste, complying with quality system requirements, achieving the production schedule and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
Establish the plant strategy and plans, continuously monitoring plan progress, identifying issues early enough to address any potential challenges to meet the Business’s production expectations. Sets plans and approves projects and budget for ongoing process improvement and cost reduction activities; accountable for driving continuous improvement strategies.
Responsible for managing / coordinating all the operational support functions including EH&S, Distribution and Logistics, Engineering, IT, HR and Finance, and ensuring that the facility is actively monitoring the performance of their suppliers and partners. Effectively partner with the Quality organization in the achievement of all plant goals and objectives.
Responsible for ensuring ongoing development of plant talent; looks for ways to develop talent across the functional boundaries within the plant and raising the visibility of mobile talent across Total Baxter.
Support production volume growth from new business (IPSO and finished goods), products and processes to increase the value of production by implementing a manufacturing plan that provides staffing, costing, and the production structure for these initiatives.
Required: University degree in Microbiology, Chemistry or Engineering, MBA preferred
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a small to mid-size manufacturing organization or leading a major function within a mid to large size manufacturing organization in a highly-regulated environment (Medical Device or Pharmaceutical experience strongly preferred)
• Knowledge of GMP requirements; quality processes
• The ability to engage, empower, inspire, lead and develop other leaders
• Outstanding communication skills, to influence, values inclusion and collaboration
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Business acumen and strategic thinking
• Ability to balance multiple priorities
• Good judgement; decisive even in times of ambiguity
• Demonstrated skills in utilizing lean/problem solving tools
• Able to build and maintain culture change
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.