Business Data Analyst
Req #: 170005ZE_en
Location: Vernon Hills, IL US
Job Category: Lending
Date Posted: 8/11/2017 10:46:09 AM
The Business Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the achievement of the BCU channel management goals by identifying and providing actionable insights and strategic direction focusing on member behavior in the physical, call center and digital channels.
Using data, and other sources of member channel behavior, assist the retail organization understanding member propensity, channel utilization and channel profitability to drive channel investments with existing and new channels with informed decisions from analysis. This role requires balance between business acumen and strong analytical skills as well as a foundational understanding of key data systems to understand and manage channel portfolio dynamics. Effectively communicate insightful and well researched conclusions and recommendations to constituents.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent discipline
3-4 years of related financial or analytical experience, preferably in a financial institution.
- Prior experience utilizing relational databases, SQL knowledge preferred
- Prior experience using Microsoft Suite products preferred
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills to work across channel stakeholders
- Strong financial analytical skills. Ability to develop analysis to support channel recommendations
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to formulate and present conclusions based on large sets of data.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail. Works independently with minimal supervision, while maintaining clear lines of communication with management