Req #: 1700058U_en
Location: Dublin, L IE
Job Category: Manufacturing
Date Posted: 8/11/2017 10:45:13 AM
The Production Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising Production activities in a compounding unit. The Production supervisor will work to ensure that the Quality and EHS requirements.of Baxter are maintained on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The Production Supervisor is responsible and accountable for the following activities:
- Supporting production operations on a daily basis to meet our commitments to customers.
- Providing direction to Shift leads carrying out their daily tasks,
- Monitoring compounding unit activities to ensure compliance with Baxter policies/ procedures and cGMP.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, Planning and organisation of resources in line with the operational plan for the compounding unit.
- Facilitating best use of unit resources to the various unit functions (e.g. preparation, compounding, checking, labelling, training, QMS etc.)
- Support staff training and development while ensuring that training is completed in a timely manner and that training records are properly maintained.
- Supports all people management activities – , performance management, development, training in accordance with Baxter’s leadership standards.
- Organization of holidays and overtime
- Manage and Lead Non Conformances and CAPAs assigned under production responsibility. Support investigation and the identification and implementation of corrective action.
- Assist in the introduction of New Products and Process Change Controls
- Support Preparation of Production KPI’s – Stock control, Schedule compliance and Financial Reports.
- Organisation and co-ordination of the environmental monitoring activities in conjunction with micro-laboratory
- Organisation and co-ordination of calibration and maintenance activities in conjunction with Technical Services.
- Stock checks of manufactured product to ensure that product is accurately reconciled with production and dispatch records and to identify and discard expired stock
- Ensuring that housekeeping is carried out in accordance with cleaning procedures and schedules
- Review and update of production procedures and in the introduction of new procedures as appropriate.
- Support procurement and inventory management team to ensure regular stock checks of raw materials and goods are performed and that adequate stock levels are maintained to meet production requirements
- Support Integration activities and projects/ tasks as assigned
- As required, undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility outlined above.
- Compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Distribution Practices (GDP), as applicable
- Compliance to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Diploma in a science/healthcare/Technology is preferred
Minimum of 5 years’ manufacture experience is essential
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a team lead / supervisor role
GMP manufacturing environment experience is necessary
Knowledge of GMPs in a sterile manufacturing environment