Reliability Engineer II
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating optimal, cost-effective projects and technologies. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions: supervising, requisitioning, defining, initiating, specifying, documenting and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform engineering assignments and related tasks which are typically focused on reliability and /or process improvements. Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller approved projects. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on recent technical knowledge.
- Able to lead a cross functional team in order to improve reliability of manufacturing equipment by identifying opportunities that will likely improve safety, quality or output. Scope of responsibility may include any of the following: idea generation, required documentation, protocols, validation, etc. Able to contribute to benefit justification and issue capital request, etc.
- Ability to manage routine small projects without assistance.
- Investigate and analyze customer service problems and design improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements.
Qualifications for this role
- Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
- Must have working knowledge of mechanical and / or electrical systems found in industrial manufacturing environments.
- Must know how to effectively define problems or improvements, determine engineering solutions and execute projects to obtain goal.
Education and Experience
BS in Engineering. 1 - 3 years experience.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.