Material Handler III
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Position: Material Handler, Packing on 3rd shift (11pm-7am)
The Packing Material Handler contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by transporting, visually inspecting and packing IV therapies, premixed drugs, renal therapies and other sterile solutions into cartons for distribution.
Essential Job Duties
Duties performed on a rotational basis
- Transport sterilized bags using a powered industrial truck from the cooling area to the Packing line and remove previously unloaded trucks
- Inspect and change out batteries on the powered industrial truck (if required)
- Keep the truck unloader continuously supplied with trucks to be unloaded
- Operate and maintain automated packaging equipment and ensure the carton erector is continuously supplied as indicated on the Bill of Material (BOM)
- Visually inspect each bag for defects, ensure proper orientation and categorize and log any defects identified
Duties performed on a continual or intermittent basis
- Manually unload trucks and package bags when necessary
- Unpackage product and reinspect when necessary
- Assist in performing line clearance
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- This position is in a Class IV Controlled Environment which includes the following PPE requirements: safety glasses, gloves and ear plugs.
- There is constant or intermittent noise and vibration.
- This position involves working around moving equipment, machinery and belts
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings
- Must have the Level 5/6 certification
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Possess or be able to obtain Worksaver Operator Certification
- Possess or be able to obtain Inspector Certification
- One year of manufacturing experience
- CRC (Career Readiness Certification) Silver level
- This position requires continuous grasping, pushing/pulling and reaching with hands and arms. The position also involves lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds occasionally throughout the shift
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary
- Must be able to pass the P.I.T. physical
- Must be able to squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, kneel, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.