MSL Spain&Portugal Advanced Surgery
The job as MSL Spain & Portugal is a good opportunity to develop your profesional career. You will identify and engage with Kols and "rising stars", establish and maintain peer-to-peer relationships to build awareness, proper use an investigate new uses of hospital pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
You will Identify investigator initiated trial (IIT) opportunities and will act as the primary conduit and work directly with the investigator during the IIT. You will also report emerging clinical trends. You will assist in development of advisory boards, symposia, and publication planning. You will support the Medical Manager of the same therapeutic area to develop appropriate strategic and tactical plans (e.g. P5, L5) for the cluster/country. You will provide accurate and fair-balanced medical and scientific education using literature, summaries of publications, education and presentation scientific materials and presentations to external and internal customers both proactively and in response to requests for information. You will also support product launches and new indications.
Surgical specialties you will work with: Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Cardiovascular and Thoracic
You will provide scientific support and attendance to conferences and meetings. You will ensure relevant and appropriate responses to customer medical inquiries for relevant Baxter products. You will be compliant to Ethics, Compliance and internal policies. This position reports to the MSL Lead Europe based in Rome.
Who you are
- Degree in medical/natural science (PhD, MD) is preferred.
- MD and/or PhD will be assessed positively.
- 1 year post graduate experience within the health care industry, preferibly with proven MSL or Medical Affairs experience.
- Clinical trial experience with working knowledge of GCP is beneficialExcellent customer approach with ability to quickly build strong and reliable relationship.
- Experience must include key opinion leader development to establish and maintain peer-to-peer relationships,will be assessed positively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the local language and in English if not the local language.
- Expertise in clinical presentations and medical education
- Comprehension of the clinical and regulatory requirements for a field-based medical organization .
- Ability to anticipate and fulfill all compliance requirements needed for a field-based role and successful customer interaction.
- Effective interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in groups in a collegial manner to manage projects and timelines.
- Proven teaching capabilities and understanding of adult learning concepts.
- Effective critical thinking skills and strategy implementation.
- Training in reporting of adverse events.
- Computer literacy and Windows Office tools skills.
- Experience with literature review, synthesis and analysis.
- Experience in public presentation is required.
What we offer
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
If you want to learn more about career opportunities go to http://www.baxter.com/careers.page
Who we are
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care.
Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business.
Every day at Baxter is a chance to save and sustain people's lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic