Regional Manager, BioSurgery
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
- Meet or exceed annual budget.
- Review regional finances on a monthly basis and ensure region stays within financial expense budget.
- Develop Integrated Regional Business plan (targeting/forecasting/resource allocation-dollars/assets) with updates provided to ASD regularly.
- Assist TBM’s and RSS’s in territory business planning with agreed upon goals, objectives, strategy, execution, and asset management.
- Quarterly business plan reviews with each Territory Business Manager and Cardiovascular Sales Specialist.
- Provide monthly business updates to ASD.
- Timely reporting and use of Concur – expense reports to be filed in accordance to Baxter’s Travel Policy.
Team (Supporting Territory Business Managers and Cardiovascular Sales
- Conduct a minimum of 3 field rides per quarter with each Territory Business Manager to coach, train and develop.
- Communicate with Territory Business Managers and Cardiovascular Sales Specialists weekly to follow up on key initiatives and ensure execution of business plans.
- Spend minimum 16 days per month on field rides or meeting with key customers.
- Provide open, candid feedback to Territory Business Managers and Cardiovascular Sales specialists.
- Feedback should be provided at the conclusion of the field visits and should be aligned with Baxter’s overall performance management process.
- Work with the Territory Business Managers and Cardiovascular Sales Specialists on career development plans. Plans should be reviewed quarterly and updates should be provided to the ASD.
Compliance and Quality
- Ensure all Territory Business Managers and Cardiovascular Sales Specialists complete ISO Train requirements on time – no exceptions.
- Regional Managers are expected to adhere to all regulatory/ad prom policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Territory Business Managers and Cardiovascular Sales Specialists are complying with all of Baxter’s T&E policies. i.e. Understand the Baxter playbook – Comply with all travel policies, interactions with Health Care Providers, interactions with patients, interactions with competitors, and confidential information.
Leadership & Culture
- Create an environment or teamwork and collaboration with high level of communication to achieve BioSurgery’s organization goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate and adhere to Baxter leadership expectations.
- Create an environment of a problem solving with a can–do attitude, where solutions are sought when faced with challenges.
- Passion for coaching and developing people.
- Ability to execute a strategy
- Ability to understand and adapt to market dynamics to forecast effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of sales processes as well as strong leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Travel requirement at minimum 50%
- Strong knowledge of the Advanced Surgery Market and sales process.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 years of demonstrated successful relevant healthcare sales experience.
- 3+ years of surgical device sales management experience.
- Track record of documented success.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments.
- Experience negotiating large contracts.
- New York Metropolitan Area, Central and Northern NJ.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.