Regulatory Affairs Manager
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
- Lead and maintain global product registration strategy and planning
- Provide regulatory support, and leadership to project teams for regulatory issues and questions and ensure that regulatory requirements are addressed prior to submission for market clearance
- Work closely with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, R&D, Medical Affairs and New Product Development teams to provide strategic regulatory guidance and review
- Prepare core dossier/STED for U.S. and international submissions for products with significant changes
- Support Baxter affiliates and distributors to prepare and maintain product submissions and licenses
- Understand global regulatory requirements and establish and maintain good working relationships with regulatory agency personnel/Baxter in-country colleagues
- Support market-released products by reviewing Engineering Change Orders, labeling, etc. to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Evaluate proposed product changes for regulatory impact and preparing necessary documentation
- Provide value-added improvements to departmental standard procedures (SP) by authoring original or editing existing standard procedures
- May supervise and train junior level regulatory affairs department employees
Qualifications for this role
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with medical devices with specific experience in: Class I, II, and III medical devices (and/or pharmaceuticals), 510(k) applications and US device regulations and Global medical device regulations and submissions (EU, Canada, Australia, Asian countries, Latin American countries, and Middle Eastern countries)
- Proficient computer skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or country equivalent in related scientific discipline
- Greater than 7 years of regulatory experience
- Minimum of two to three years medical device industry experience
- Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) (preferred)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.