Lead Platform Engineer - Digital Products Operations
Baxter International, Inc.
Note: Relocation Support may be Available
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• This is exciting time in the Digital Product Operations team, that maintains Baxter’s Customer facing Web, Mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. We offer the chance to work in a global environment focused on innovations and cutting edge technologies.
• Lead Platform Engineer to join a highly dynamic team, to provide end to end platform support to the mission critical connected healthcare Application.
• Provide end to end server integration support; ensure the integration is up and running without impact to the Business.
• Ensure continuous monitoring to proactively identify/resolve issues
• Monitor the servers/set up alerts as necessary.
• Handle all production issues related to the integration and middleware.
• Proactively come up with improvements/ instrumentations that will proactively identify potential issues.
• Ensure monitoring on new integrations and for future roll outs.
• Collaboration with stakeholders including DevOps, third parties, Scrum & Delivery teams and Investigation teams
• Troubleshoot/identify root causes with minimal supervision.
• Work with developers, testing team, and peers to design and develop automated solutions and tools for monitoring.
• Supporting new environments/future roll outs.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Overall experience required: 5-6 years:
• Experienced in middleware support for applications hosted in Cloud, including VM and OS administration
• Experience with application and performance monitoring tools
• Experienced in instrumentation and monitoring trends to identify potential issues.
• Hands-On experience in MuleSoft TCAT Batch & Integration server.
• Hands On experience in WebSphere MQ Server messaging server IBM 7.5
• Experience with Oracle Golden Gate Replication Server Oracle 11.
• Expert on Ensemble EMR Integration Server InterSystems 2013.1
• Hands On experience on Integration Server administration and configuration management.
• Practical experience in multiple Integration message protocols, encryption and interface performance tuning.
• Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service.
• Expert on administrating, installation and configuration of Apache & Tomcat servers.
• Conversant in security configurations (SSL, Certificates etc.,).
• Experience with Linux (Redhat, Centos, or Ubuntu) system administration, fluent with shell scripting.
• Experience with Windows server administration and tools, including PowerShell.
• Experience working on Oracle Database.
• Working knowledge with JMS/messaging queue, network, security, and virtualization.
• Experience with tools, such as:
o JIRA for agile planning and issue tracking
o Tomcat server
o Apache web server
o Monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Foglight, ELK, Splunk etc
• Must be a self-motivator and team player.
• Able to follow-through on tasks and small projects
• Strong analytical skills and communication skills
• Passionate with continuous learning and keeping up with latest technologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.