Sr. Operations Lead - Digital Products Operations
Baxter International, Inc.
Note: Relocation Support may be Available
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• This is exciting time in the Digital Product Operations team that maintains Baxter’s Customer facing Web, Mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
• We offer the chance to work in a global environment focused on innovations and cutting edge technologies.
• Senior Operations Lead to join a highly dynamic team, to manage the operations for a mission critical connected healthcare Application.
• Incident Management and Problem management.
• Overall release and deployment planning.
• Change, Configuration and Release Management.
• Application monitoring and ensure 24x7 availability of systems.
• Establish and lead the processes for handling and triaging the Work Orders, and Incidents.
• Identify industry best practices/solutions and pursue continuous improvement opportunities in Operations related processes and practices relentlessly drive for standardization, automation and self-services.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders, including DevOps, Support & Investigation teams, Scrum & Delivery teams and third parties to meet business goals.
• Strong communicator who partners with team for production deployment / release, knowledge transfer and documentation.
• Reporting site metrics on performance, availability and incidents/problems
• Ensure SLA adherence for incidents and problems
• Proven experience with large scale, customer facing, global solutions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Overall experience required: 8-12 years:
o Experienced and well versed in ITSM processes and tools like Remedy
o Experience leading teams responsible for development and maintenance, and production support of large scale customer facing solutions
o Experience managing operations for cloud based applications
o Experience with Spring MVC portlet, Web service integration, REST Web services, LifeRay Portal
o Experienced in HOOK & THEME development.
o Experienced in Ajax & jQuery, DHTML, Hibernate, Servlet & JSP, Core Java, J2EE, Oracle and Golden Gate.
o Experience leading teams that delivers a high availability service.
o Conversant about validation procedures and security governance for portal applications
o Practical experience in monitoring and usage of monitoring tools.
o Experience with JMS/messaging queue, network, security and virtualization.
o Knowledge of SDLC tools, such as:
Maven and/or Ant
Jenkins for Continuous Integration
Artifactory or other package management tools
JIRA for agile planning and issue tracking
Selenium Web Driver
Apache web server
o Must be a self-motivator and team player.
o Able to follow-through on tasks and small projects
o Strong analytical skills and communication skills
o Passionate with continuous learning and keeping up with latest technologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.