Mgr I, Quality (Pipeline)
Req #: 170000IK_en
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Quality
Date Posted: 8/11/2017 10:42:49 AM
DescriptionEvery day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Manage through subordinates the coordination of the activities of a section or department in the Quality organization. Is responsible for results in terms of product quality and conformance to regulations and Baxter quality policies. In some instances, this manager may be responsible for a functional area and may not have subordinates.
· Manage the activities of a section or department in the Quality organization with responsibility for results in terms of product quality, performance and safety. In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and may not have subordinates.
· Implements the quality systems procedures and manages compliance in a section or department.
· Understands and assures conformance to regulations in a section or department. Interfaces with regulators during regulatory inspections.
· May participate in or manage quality assessments of internal operations and suppliers to analyze compliance and assess risk.
· Interacts frequently with subordinate supervisors and functional peer group managers
· Identifies and manages continuous improvement projects with the objective of achieving quality, reliability and cost improvements.
· Develops budget for a section or department and ensures adherence to the budget.
· Manages the coaching, training and development of subordinates
- BS in science or engineering. 5+ years experience in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable procedures, specifications, regulations and standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage/supervise a team of employees.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal/communication/influencing/negotiation skills.
- Good project management skills.