Mgr I, Manufacturing (Pipeline)
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
This position will provide supervision and implementation of all activities in the department, to ensure manufacturing goals are reached through maximum and efficient use of staff and materials.
- Ensure products are provided to customers on time so that product quality, yield, operating costs and process efficiencies are met.
- Identify/prioritize/provide resources to assist the department director to meet the annual operating plan and budgetary commitments.
- Supervise the daily manufacturing operations across a department or multiple departments.
- Emphasize training and implement control systems on the shift or multiple shifts to eliminate product discrepancies.
- Commit to employee feedback and developmental processes.
- Interfaces with the other managers/customers to ensure our quality commitments are met. Also to ensure consistency in personnel policy administration across the plant.
- Help prepare budgets and forecasts for areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for assuring compliance to all regulatory requirements – FDA, OSHA, OFCCP, EPA, etc.
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP's, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Perform analytical review, recommend, and implement corrective action for any exception condition.
- Work with divisional personnel in support of projects within areas of responsibility.
- Support plant-wide strategic plan programs and activities.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree, from an accredited institution, preferably in a technical discipline.
- 6-8 years experience in all aspects of the manufacturing process in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or comparable environment.
- Ability to manage activities of departments through subordinates who exercise full supervision in terms of cost, methods, and employees.
- Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data and information and financial reports, understand and resolve technical difficulties, interface with internal engineering/technical experts and external technical representatives, manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting, be resourceful to a large manufacturing department.