Sr. Financial Analyst, Business Transformation
DescriptionSr. Financial Analyst, Business Transformation
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
About the Baxter Transformation Office (BTO)
• Baxter is going through a number of transformation initiatives aligned around reinvesting for future growth, transforming the way we work and advancing our cultural values.
• The BTO is leading a number of these initiatives.
• Focus on where the company is spending its indirect dollars.
• Include analysis and reporting to Senior Management on specific areas of spend, including focused attention on certain categories of spend.
• This role will be a critical part of the sustained organization for ZBB (Zero Based Budgeting).
• Develop and consistently improve reporting for select areas of spend for a variety of stakeholders.
• Support Category/Package owners with deep dive analysis of spend across the global platform.
• Partner with Global Purchasing team to help identify potential areas of opportunity and savings.
• Prepare general month-end reports for P&L owners and Category/Package Owners.
• Perform special projects with heavy financial analysis and provide recommendations.
• Assist with annual Planning process to identify category targets at the P&L level.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (or country equivalent)
• Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 4 + years of relevant experience with financial planning and reporting or business decision support.
• Self-starter with strong analytical skills, including mining big data and decision-making capabilities
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of internal control requirements and accounting
• Principles, as well as an understanding of the relevant business environment
• Critical thinker who can adapt and leverage intellectual curiosity
• Detail oriented with an ability to manage tasks concurrently
• Able to work in a fast-paced team environment, often cross-functionally
• Advanced knowledge of PC applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint)
• Owns career and is accountable for managing own development
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.