Interactions Compliance - Senior Manager
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Baxter provides grants to healthcare professionals and organizations to foster legitimate scientific exchange, product safety or to provide community and patient support. These grants are governed by Baxter’s Code Global Interactions Policy which defines the principles and rules governing our interactions with Government Officials and the Medical Community. The Medical Community consists of Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Organizations, patients, Patient Organizations, and Payors. As Interactions Compliance Manager, you will develop and lead the Interactions/Donations Administration team to process grants and donations in accordance with these Policies for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). You will report to the Global Director, Financial Compliance & Internal Controls who is located in the United States.
- Recruit, develop and manage a team of 6-8 Grant Administrators located in multiple EMEA countries with the skill sets, competencies and abilities required to accomplish the team’s responsibilities.
- Standardize the Grants/Donations administration process that is currently decentralized, into a centralized function for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, bringing recommendations for process improvements.
- Work with key internal teams (e.g. Research and Development, Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Marketing) to ensure Grant and Donations are processed in accordance with Baxter Policies.
- Maintain Baxter’s compliance tool (Pega) and work with IT to implement any required tool changes.
- Develop and provide training and guidance regarding the compliance tool as well as key Grant/Donations policies to key stakeholders.
- Regularly analyze Baxter Healthcare Grant/Donation data to identify any trends/anomalies to provide insights or improve compliance to the Ethics & Compliance Team and other stakeholders.
- Regularly analyze the wider data trends across Europe with particular reference to the activities of the various regulatory bodies in the EU.
- Quarterly reporting to the Global Director, Financial Compliance and Internal Controls on data trends with appropriate recommendations.
- This role will develop and deliver presentations to Senior Finance Leadership, the Ethics & Compliance Team including the CCO, Medical Affairs, the CSO Team and Corporate Audit.
§ Bachelor's degree required
§ Minimum of 8-10+ years of relevant work experience with at least 4 years of management
§ Strong customer focus with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships while ensuring compliance to policies.
§ Ability to manage teams within a multi-site environment
§ Ability to work with internal and external customers across EMEA with varying levels and functions including senior management
§ Self-starter - ability to work on own initiative
§ Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
§ Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
§ Attention to detail
§ Experience leading process improvement projects
§ Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, organizing, prioritizing and communicating effectively
§ Excellent communications skills (both verbal & written) to include delivery of presentations to senior management
§ Fluency in one or more of the following languages is preferred: French, Italian, Spanish, and German
§ Knowledge on laws / acts applicable for healthcare industry
§ Awareness of local regulatory requirements as applicable to the relevant countries
§ Experience in conducting audits and reporting audit results
Working knowledge of systems such as Pega, JD Edwards and Concur.