Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
As a Project Manager you will provide business and technical leadership for one or more projects within the Franchise, leading project teams through the identification, justification, prioritization, initiation, development and implementation processes. Project managers will lead their teams in financial analysis including market research, cash flow, and capital and project costs. They will collaborate with the appropriate functional teams and Sr. PMO personnel to develop and negotiate contracts. This person will ensure communications occur with stakeholders and partners. They will participate in organizational issue resolution. Project Managers will lead the core team to define the milestones to achieve the launch date commitments and identify issues and risks associated with those plans. This person will lead their team in the utilization of product lifecycle management processes .The Project Manager will lead the formation of the core team and its ability to deliver the project.
· Accountable for core team performance, project schedule and execution, budget commitments and spend
· Leads team in defining project strategies, developing goals, and ensures project scope is defined and controlled
· Continuously interacts with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
· Ensures identification and communication of project risks, development of risk plan and leads core team in the proactive management of risk response strategies
· Anticipates potential conflict situations for proactive solutions and manages conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes
· Leads core team to identify and implement continuous improvement
· Business acumen
· Competent application of Vital Behaviors and Leadership Essentials
· Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory or Clinical Practices and Product Development Process requirements
· Demonstrated competencies in all aspects of project management
· Ability to develop others
· PMI or IPMA or equivalent certification desired
At the discretion of the hiring manager, the minimum is a Bachelor’s with equivalent plus 5 years project management experience and 10 years of product life cycle experience with demonstrated success leading multi-site, projects in the medical products industry.