Executive Assistant to Business Unit Head
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Can you manage a complex schedule, handle correspondence like a champion, and have the interpersonal skills of a concierge, if so, we’re looking for someone like you!
We currently have an opening for an Executive Assistant who will support our Hospital Product and Finance Teams. As an EA you are someone who loves challenges, don’t mind putting in extra-effort for important work and when a presentation needs to be revised and the deadline is looming, you rise to the occasion.
You’re organized, technically savvy, quick-witted, and a fast-learner. You’re a good writer, articulate, and an exceptional collaborator. You get along well with all kinds of people and can liaise with all parties including employees, internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain Calendars for the Commercial Excellence and Finance leaders
• Liaise with other Executive Assistants and Department Coordinators to coordinate meeting schedules and work through mutual concerns (training records, PMOs, copier/phone requirements, etc…)
• Prepare and coordinate meeting requirements and materials: rooms, audio/visual, lunches/snacks, agendas, minutes and presentations
• Prepare and/or coordinate management presentations and related documents
• Maintain and order supplies for team and ensure budget is not exceeded
• Organize travel arrangements for department personnel.
• Compile and calculate monthly budget reports for leadership.
• Process expense reports
• Ensure invoices are approved, coded, copied and paid in timely manner
• Maintain contact lists of department personnel
• Update organizational charts and scorecards as required
• Register department personnel for external training and conferences
• Prepare daily bank deposit for customer cheques
• Distribute vendor cheques with special handling requests to key office personnel
• Process courier invoices
• Maintain repository of vendor contracts in iContracts. Load contracts, file hard copies, and run reports as needed for Manager Purchasing & Supplier Management
• Provide support for team projects and initiatives as needed or assigned
• Aid in the coordination of special events and activities. (may be regular or reoccurring)
• Maintain team intranet, website and or SharePoint lists
• Support team for use of Microsoft Office applications and corporate wide applications
• College diploma
• Administrative diplomas and or certifications
• Finance and Accounting training
• Undergraduate degree
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Office and Administration
• Finance and Accounting•
Type of Experience
• Support role in a professional environment
• Prior work experience directly supporting a senior level executive or manager
• Prior healthcare sector experience, or experience working in a regulated environment
Years of Experience
• 1-3 years of experience
• 5-7 years of experience
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Ability to work autonomously & manage priorities
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook)
• Basic Web Page Development and Maintenance
• Ability to develop and grow relationships with key stakeholders
• Proficiency in French is an asset
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.