Sales Manager, VIC
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this high-profile Sales Management role, reporting to the National Sales Manager, Advanced Surgery, you will manage the VIC region to develop a profitable and sustainable business with new and existing customers.
• Work in the Advanced Surgery business unit driving opportunities in our device business across key surgical specialties including General, Cardiothoracic, Urology, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics and Gynaecology
• Plan, direct and control the sales business strategies
• Direct sales activities by setting product mix, geographical sales areas and customer service standards
• Direct the activities of the Territory team for the achievement of short and long term business objectives
• Supervise, coach and develop staff to ensure they achieve agreed revenue and profit targets
• Drive effective cooperation between different groups/departments in the organisation
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant degree (Finance, Commerce, Science or Marketing)
• Proven Sales experience within the healthcare device industry and operating room environment - ideal
• Previous experience in a people management and coaching role
• Relationship Building & Stakeholder Management - the ability to build strong and positive relationships with executive stakeholders both internally and externally
• Business / Commercial acumen – ability to use information about organisational climate and key individuals to accomplish legitimate organisation goals
• Planning and Organising - able to prioritise and develop realistic action plans and manage organisational change
• Analytical and Problem Solving skills to provide advice and assistance to customers
• Leadership & Team Building – demonstrated ability to lead, develop and coach teams
• Highly developed verbal communication skills
• Knowledge and application of Quality Leadership or Total Quality Management principles
• Strong customer focus and a passion for delivering customer satisfaction
• Ability to work autonomously with a drive and determination to succeed
Why Baxter? A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply now with your CV and cover letter.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.