Foundation and Global Community Relations Lead
- Develop fully integrated philanthropic strategy, action plan, timeline and budget for CSR pillars and programs. Become subject matter expert on relevant trends, issues, best practices, etc. within core areas of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain a high level of awareness of the needs of the community through regular assessment and evaluation of relative needs; create links with community constituents so the highest degree of impact can be achieved through the most effective use of resources.
- Build, manage and expand new and existing partnerships and programs to support Company business strategies and impact mission/cause of partner organizations.
- Serve as spokesperson for and represent the Company/Foundation to its various communities to educate and inform about purpose, goals, philosophy and accomplishments. Effectively use all Company and partner assets to promote programs and partnerships to key audiences including the non-profit, media and global communities.
- Oversee company’s product donations program, ensuring compliance with WHO standards.
- Optimize colleague engagement, with oversight of volunteerism and associated dollars-for-doers initiative as well as administration of Employee Disaster Relief fund, matching gifts and scholarship programs.
- Establish/ensure compliance with appropriate methods, systems and procedures to review, identify and audit the effectiveness of funded programs.
- Prepare CSR activity reports, including the company’s annual CSR report, and communicate with senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Develop/implement strategy regarding socially conscious investor surveys and respond to same.
- Collaborate with the Baxter International Foundation Board to develop Board and committee meeting schedules and agendas; lead Board meetings.
- Serve as representative on the Company’s Corporate Responsibility Council; define trends and positions.
- Manage and mentor staff - ability to lead people and projects effectively.
- 8-10 years+ of experience developing, organizing and executing CSR strategy, programs, initiatives and events (healthcare experience preferred)
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of generally accepted grant-making policies, including experience in evaluating proposals for 501(c)(3) organizations and their non-U.S. equivalents
- Ability to examine financial statements and audited financial reports
- Excellent written/verbal communications, as well as leadership, interpersonal, organizational, project management and presentation skills
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, effectively managing multiple programs and projects simultaneously while still paying close attention to detail
- Strong understanding of digital/social media tools and platforms
- Proactive, self-motivated team player that can execute independently; willing and able to be hands-on in executing programs
- Bachelor degree in related field of study; master’s degree a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.