Group Marketing Manager (Associate Director) – Acute Therapies Global Marketing
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter’s Acute Therapies business is a US$500M business globally and is expected to play a major role in Baxter’s growth over the coming years, with significant investments being made in the pipeline and in market development. This role will be focused on two key therapeutic areas within Organ Support Therapies that are positioned for growth: sepsis and therapeutic plasma exchange. There are significant opportunities to expand the market globally and drive therapy adoptions.
The Group Marketing Manager (Associate Director) will own the overall commercial strategy and execution of new products and the expansion of existing products. This person will be the “CEO” of their portfolio and have the decision-making authority in assessing customer insights, identifying unmet needs, defining product requirements, and developing the execution plan to ensure a successful global commercial launch, expansion of products or execution of existing product portfolio. This includes, product lifecycles, pricing strategies, KOL strategies, portfolio optimization and the overall financial health of the product.
We seek a positive, high-energy, and agile marketer who will be responsible for launching and expanding our therapies globally. You will work closely with Regional Marketing teams to assess market needs / barriers, develop plans and support market development initiatives, and ensure successful global commercial launches. This individual will also be responsible for lifecycle management and ensuring on-market therapies are delivering on their brand promise.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
- Lead product positioning and act as primary liaison to strategically partner with Baxter's cross functional team members to continuously analyze market trends, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and product line performance to maximize sustainable and profitable growth.
- Establish deep market & customer unmet needs expertise across key markets
- Work closely with cross functional partners including medical, regulatory, region/country marketing teams to understand barriers to adoption, develop strategies to grow penetration, & improve commercial execution.
- Own global product launch plans including go-to-market strategies.
- Partner with Product Development, Clinical, Market Access, Regulatory and Regional Marketing teams to ensure successful product launches and geographic expansion.
- Optimize product portfolio offering to enhance profitability & sustainability.
- Product lifecycle and on-market product management.
- Financial forecasting and long range planning.
- Develop foundational tools and materials to support consistent, aligned, and on-brand promotion.
- Lead/support market research and analyses of market trends to inform go-to-market strategy.
- Serves as region and country liaison to ensure alignment with and implementation of key go to market strategies.
- Represent business as the expert in product knowledge, clinical benefits, training programs, promotional materials, and with customer visits.
- Ensure voice of customer is continuously monitored and included in defining market and product requirements.
- Develop and participate in market research, clinical evidence plans, and collaboration with thought leaders to apply findings to develop product and promotion
- Minimum of 8+ years marketing experience in the healthcare industry, including deep Medical device or Pharma product development and product management expertise.
- Demonstrated success driving aligned, global commercial launches to meet / exceed targets.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Proven ability to understand therapies, evidence generation, market barriers / needs and develop & execute strategies to drive penetration of new therapies.
- Ability to lead and influence in a matrixed environment.
- Results driven, highly accountable.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- BS/BA required. MBA strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.