Production Technician I - 2nd shift
Req #: 1800074L_en
Location: Mountain Home, AR US
Job Category: Local Job Codes
Date Posted: 4/5/2018 1:11:21 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Production Technician I is a member of the Manufacturing Team reporting directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor or Superintendent. They provide direct support to manufacturing to ensure that products meet the required specifications. This position monitors and maintains operations on multiple machines in the respective areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain machine operations,
- Inspect and pack products/components,
- Supply raw materials/parts,
- Clear faults,
- Print labels and
- Maintain/verify documentation.
- Receive and stock production supplies, clean, and sanitize assigned area, and follow departmental safety procedures.
- May be responsible for maintaining/updating batch trace, work orders, POMs, and Maximo.
Qualifications for this role
- Must be able to read and understand job instructions and part specifications.
- Must have basic understanding of Shop Math and good verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, POMs, Maximo etc.)
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Technical experience preferred.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Requires sitting, bending, reaching and lifting up to 26 lbs.
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.