Manager, Global IT Security - Security Awareness & Communications
DescriptionManager, Global IT Security - Security Awareness & Communications
Deerfield, IL or Virtual/Work from Home (US)
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Security Awareness has been an ongoing communication in Baxter for years.
• Baxter began training end users with interactive training modules to reinforce security awareness topics.
• Communications focused around the training modules are done in coordination with the training. Current event topics around cyber security are also done throughout the year.
• Baxter is looking for a Security Awareness & Communication Manager with the following key accountabilities and responsibilities
• Develops, plans, coordinates, and evaluates cyber training/education courses, methods, and techniques based on instructional needs.
• Develops and conducts training or education of personnel within cyber domain.
• Drafts, secures authorization for, and ensures distribution of written correspondence for employees and external stakeholders to keep them informed of cybersecurity developments.
• Design training curriculum and course content based on requirements.
• Serve as an internal consultant and advisor in own area of expertise (e.g., technical, copyright, print media, electronic media).
• Develop or assist with the development of privacy training materials and other communications to increase employee understanding of company privacy policies, data handling practices and procedures and legal obligations.
• Assess effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction.
• Conduct learning needs assessments and identify requirements.
• Create interactive learning exercises to create an effective learning environment.
• Develop or assist in the development of training policies and protocols for cyber training.
• Develop the goals and objectives for cyber curriculum.
• Plan instructional strategies such as lectures, demonstrations, interactive exercises, multimedia presentations, video courses, web-based courses for most effective learning environment in conjunction with educators and trainers.
• Correlates training and learning to business or mission requirements.
• Create or acquire training courses tailored to the audience and physical environment.
• Conduct periodic reviews/revisions of course content for accuracy, completeness alignment, and currency (e.g., course content documents, lesson plans, student texts, examinations, schedules of instruction, and course descriptions).
• Conduct interactive training exercises to create an effective learning environment.
• Develop new or identify existing awareness and training materials that are appropriate for intended audiences.
• Evaluate the effectiveness and comprehensiveness of existing training programs.
• Review training documentation (e.g., Course Content Documents [CCD], lesson plans, student texts, examinations, Schedules of Instruction [SOI], and course descriptions).
• Assist in the development of individual/collective development, training, and/or remediation plans.
• Deliver training courses tailored to the audience and physical/virtual environments.
• Apply concepts, procedures, software, equipment, and/or technology applications to students.
• Ensure training meets the goals and objectives for cybersecurity training, education, or awareness.
• Plan and coordinate the delivery of classroom techniques and formats (e.g., lectures, demonstrations, interactive exercises, multimedia presentations) for most effective learning environment.
• Plan non-classroom educational techniques and formats (e.g., video courses, mentoring, web-based courses).
• Recommend revisions to curriculum end course content based on feedback from previous training sessions.
• Develops, secures approval for, and ensures distribution of cybersecurity information, in particularly as it relates to emerging threats and incidents.
• Distribute executive messages, prepare presentations and internal memos, and conduct meetings to share information.
• Develop or assist in the development of
o computer based training modules or classes.
o course assignments and evaluations.
o grading and proficiency standards
o learning objectives and goals.
o on-the-job training materials or programs.
o written tests for measuring and assessing learner proficiency.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong understanding of cyber security trends and events
• Working knowledge of security awareness policies, standards and operating procedures in large organizations relating to information security risk
• Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills, writing proficiency and visual design skills, problem solving and decision-making skills Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT-business personnel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge in information security principles, including risk assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management, and identity and access management.
• Advancement of security governance knowledge including but not limited to security control relationships and correlation of accumulative/inherent risks related to mitigation, noncompliance and/or risk acceptance.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
• Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships.
• Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
To be successful in the position the successfully candidate should ideally have:
• Information Security background
• Medical Devices and IT Security Awareness/Management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Years of Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
• 6 – 8 years of relevant experience
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.