Group Manager, Sales Training
Drive strategic direction for training and development of all sales team members and other customer interfacing employees across multiple (2-5) product lines for a Baxter business. Consult with key business functions and sales management to ensure ongoing training and development meets current marketing strategy, and is delivered effectively using adult learning principles. Drive professional skills development of sales managers and sales team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Leads the development of the strategic vision for sales training across multiple (2-5) product lines for a Baxter business that aligns with current and future marketing and sales strategies and drives the organization toward continuous improvement and learning
Impact sales team member achievement of sales results through targeted training programs and initiatives.
Work closely with leadership team members in Marketing, Sales, Business Operations, and Medical Affairs to ensure “just-in-time” implementation of optimal training. Foster partnerships with other functions and consult on optimal delivery of information in conjunction with training.
Lead development initiatives for field sales managers, emerging sales leaders, regional trainers and sales team members.
Lead sales training team members to the achievement of identified goals and objectives within timelines and budgets set.
Lead professional development of sales training team members.
Drive sales training strategies for product launches. Serve as key member of product launch teams.
Select vendor & consultant services to augment sales training and development initiatives as needed.
Maintain training and development expertise (via research, benchmarking, and continuously seeking industry knowledge) to ensure Baxter sales training initiatives are on the cutting edge.
Participate in leadership teams as needed to provide clinical and technical expertise and/or provide process facilitation.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set vision and gain results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate, coach, and develop individuals and lead a team to achievement of goals.
- Expertise in all aspects of training design and development (assessment of training needs, design, develop, and implementation of training to achieve desired training result).
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and accomplish goals within a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the selling process - ability coach others on training that enhances selling effectiveness.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time.
- Demonstrated results orientation and high productivity through effective partnering with Baxter team members in multiple functions and at all levels.
- Can deliver results based training vs. activity based training.
- Inspires people through high standards and stretch goals.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; master's preferred.
- Training and management experience in healthcare industry required (must provide evidence of successful assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training programs and initiatives).
- Selling experience in healthcare industry with demonstrated success required.
- Successful healthcare industry training, marketing, or clinical experience also acceptable.
- Typically, 2 years in sales and sales management plus 3 to 5 years’ experience in sales training.
- Program development experience is also required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.