Superintendent- Boiler Room
- Oversee and lead a maintenance team that could include supervision, engineering, crafts and planning personnel to support operations in an area
Knowledge of Utilities and Critical Systems (i.e. Steam, Chillers, Water for Injection, Process Air, HVAC hot water)
- Maintenance CMMS experience (Maximo)
- Oversee planning and execution of semiannual shutdowns and other projects.
- Ensure compliance as it relates to PMs, maintenance documentation, training, quality, 6s, safety.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the Baxter Shared Values -- Respect, Responsiveness and Results.
- Support and Emphasize the Safety and Quality commitments of the department -- make decisions concerning these commitments within the area.
- Provide direction of resources in the most efficient and productive manner possible.
- Identify/prioritize/provide resources in an area to assist the manager to meet the annual operational plan and budgetary commitments.
- Facilitate, verify, and even conduct appropriate training for employees in the area (including but not limited to GMP, troubleshooting, maintenance skills, and safety).
- Ensure compliance with all GMP rules, specifications, SOPs, and FDA requirements as required.
- Commit to employee feedback and developmental process -- support Talent Management goals, conduct recognition and disciplinary action for employees, facilitate employee representation throughout the organization.
- Submit and/or maintain and distribute reports related to attendance, labor, maintenance metrics, safety, and others as needed.
- Demonstrated communication, administrative and strong technical leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment. Solid professional writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
- Good assessment and troubleshooting skills (mechanical, electrical, and process) with demonstrated and proven experience and background.
- Good computer skills to include Microsoft Office including Project.
- Solid understanding of maintenance systems to include preventive maintenance and CMMS.
- Ability to understand regulatory and safety guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry and industry in general. Must have experience and knowledge with Lockout/Tagout and other Safety Programs.
- Interact with all levels of personnel to analyze and solve problems related to equipment but also with manufacturing, quality, engineering, and personnel issues.
- Knowledge of WCM methods (Lean, Six Sigma, and QLP).
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
- Have good project management skills and ability to organize many projects and priorities as required.
- Experience working with Utilities and the maintenance of Utility systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.