Req #: 180007E1_en
Location: Mountain Home, AR US
Job Category: Supply Chain
Date Posted: 4/4/2018 2:20:58 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for the approval of all shipments and creation of all required shipping documentation. The Shipping coordinator acts as a liaison between corporate logistics, client/carrier coordinators, and Baxter export compliance analysts. This position reports to the Supervisor of Distribution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review load documents to assure that all documented items have been accounted for in JDE, ensure the shipment meets weight stipulations, DOT regulation standards, and export compliance guidelines.
- Create and approve all shipping documents to include packing lists, Bills of lading, Certifications of Compliance, and commercial invoices if required.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers regarding material movement, and shipping requirements.
- Obtain and coordinate bookings to meet customer needs
- Create sales orders and tracking information for outside sterilization process.
- Interface with international customers to set up sales orders per shipment
- Interface with BEC group to monitor the product going across the U.S. Mexico border.
- Complete TRAX invoicing for required destinations, interface with BEC analysts for TRAX invoicing.
- Assist shipper in product setup in BEC system for international shipments.
- Direct interface with dispatchers, forwarders, drivers and client contacts regarding shipment needs.
- Assist with end of month inventory for shipping areas, end of month reporting on total shipments per location
- Compile monthly report on Misc. shipments by account charged
- Inventory control of supplies including seals, labels and other items required for shipping documentation.
Qualifications for this role
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, FAST, BPLM, and TRAX etc).
- Must be able to obtain Hazardous materials certification
- Must be able to work weekends when required
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse, shipping, and/or technical office experience required.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Requires lifting a minimum of 40 lbs., bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching, standing, climbing on steps or ladders, and carrying files.
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.