Sr Project Manager
Primarily responsible for rapidly leading multiple-complex technology projects within service commitments on schedule using assigned internal/external technical, developer and QA resources. Secondarily, accountable for analyzing overall impact of upgrades and maintenance on financial systems.
1. Evaluates and determines feasibility of proposed projects and evaluates new software packages in terms of cost, resources required, systems compatibility, etc. and makes recommendations.
2. Works with managers, business and IT teams to prioritize, schedule and track system upgrades.
3. Leads staff in planning projects including solution design, requirements gathering, creating detailed work plans, risk management, and monitoring / controlling the project budget.
4. Project manages internal and external technical resources to deploy new applications, upgrade environments, install and configure software updates and promote updates to production,
5. Acts as the system analyst to identify all business and technical impacts to a system and creates training material necessary to deploy new applications, enhancements, and upgrades.
6. Provides business application consultation to IT and business teams to drive system improvements and a higher utilization of existing systems.
7. Participates in the budget planning process and is accountable for monitoring and controlling projects.
8. Directly manages internal/external development, quality assurance, system administrators and consultants to plan and deliver new applications, critical upgrades, and production fixes.
9. Provides on-going risk assessment and analysis of project interdependencies and communicates status and recommended action plans to project sponsors and applications owners.
10. Ensures that all project team members are adhering to organizational and IT standards and regulatory requirements.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. At least 7-10 years of experience required.
• 5+ years of experience leading & managing projects.
o History of directly managing and leading project teams
o Track record of balancing multiple priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
• Preferred Certifications: PMP, and/or ITILv3 Foundation certified
• Proven skills and abilities:
o Proactive management and takes ownership of project resources and deliverables.
o Highly organized and can manage small or large teams
o Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
o Strong aptitude for investigating, scoping, analyzing and consulting on applications and processes
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.