Material Handler- Dixon,CA
Req #: 180003AN_en
Location: Dixon, CA US
Job Category: Technical Services
Date Posted: 4/3/2018 12:21:12 PM
Loaders are responsible for loading customer packages onto delivery vehicles, insuring customer satisfaction by reading all types of labels, and verifying correct boxes are being loaded in the right delivery sequence onto the appropriate trucks. Loaders assist in setting up and closing down vehicles in addition to occasionally stacking packages on pallets and operating the shrink-wrap machine. This position requires the ability to use material handling equipment for movement of products in the distribution centers and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner and ensures good housekeeping and warehouse standards are upheld.
• Utilize equipment such as: Box knife, tape gun, hand pallet jack, manual and auto stretch wrappers, and motorized MHE equipment. communication equipment, PC, RF scanning devices, etc
• Responsible to learn and follow all distribution facility policies and procedures for safety and job specific duties
• Loads and unloads vehicles for daily deliveries in proper sequence
• Ensures proper products are loaded and all paperwork and equipment is loaded and prepared for daily drivers dispatching
• Must be able to drive small van to make customer deliveries to customers in emergencies or over flow situations
• Processes, labels, and stages all returned products in the 3PL for processing
• Cleans out vehicles following facility specific good housekeeping policies
• Works with 3PL and Baxter staff to resolve any discrepancies found during order validation and loading process to ensure uninterrupted dispatch of drivers
• Works with drivers directly to problem solve and find continuous improvement opportunities in loading and unloading processes
Must be able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs. from floor to above head. Must be able to verify product accuracy to include: Customer name, Product code, quantity, and expiration. Ability to operate Pallet Rider material handling equipment, operate powered and hand stretch wrap devices. Legible handwriting needed.
REGULAR ATTENDANCE IS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
From time to time, incumbent’s supervisor may assign additional unlisted duties/responsibilities on a temporary basis depending on business needs.