Quality Lab Associate
- Perform chemical and physical analysis on medical products through all stages of the manufacturing process from incoming raw materials through to product release. Areas include raw materials, initial, in-process, finished products, stability program, protocol support, instrumental analysis and instrument calibration/qualifications.
- Adhere to regulatory and procedural requirements that govern the operations and products.
- Perform chemical quantitative and qualitative analysis on intravenous solutions, sets, devices, raw materials, and plant water (distilled and non-distilled) utilizing 'wet' chemistry techniques and instrument analysis.
- Use laboratory instruments and computer systems to collect and record data.
- Perform analysis requiring precise analytical skills and understanding of chemistry principles.
- Perform deviations investigations, problem solve, and write exception documents.
- Prepare and perform protocols.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Complete and review documentation.
- Complete all testing, including special projects/protocol testing in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
- Strong computer competency required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Demonstration of good organization and time management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including technical terms.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- General knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations applicable to plant and chemistry lab department required.
- Must be able to work off-shift hours and some weekends as needed in order to support manufacturing.
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Biological Science with Analytical Chemistry or Laboratory coursework and 0-2 years experience at equivalent level of responsibility.
- Experience in FDA regulated industry a plus.
- Experience with instrument analysis preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.