LATAM Region Medical Head
LATAM Region Medical Head
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Leads a team of Medical Professionals in LATAM who will drive local medical strategy and execution in alignment of local business plans and aligned with Global Business Unit medical strategy. Provide thought leadership across hospital products and renal therapies and ensure SME medical expertise is available and leveraged across all therapies. Defines and drives medical communication plans in collaboration with internal partners like Clinical, Commercial, Regulatory, R&D, Safety, and Quality. Guides team in developing and executing education programs in support of key local initiatives in the US and Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support commercial teams in a specific region to develop business plan and or launch strategies aligned with GBU strategy and launch plans.
- Guide team in defining a targeted country KOL engagement plan & collaborate with in country Medical resources and KOLs to improve/expand therapy
- Establish clinical messaging and make usable by salesforce and the country Medical team
- In alignment with GBU Medical resources, ensure that promotional material through the Ad Prom process is compliant and that medical messages and assertions deliver compelling and appropriate messages.
- Develop local internal education programs for key stakeholders like the commercial (marketing and sales) teams and R&D and other scientific colleagues in alignment with GBU Medical resources.
- Field Engagement - Develop and ensure successful delivery of external education programs and scientific data (to KOL’s, clinicians, at advisories, symposia, etc.) and ensure strong relationships are built with key external partners in collaboration with GBU medical resources.
- Field issues – guide team members in addressing local issues when medical expertise is warranted.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of medical professionals as a Renal SME but also to ensure they receive the right tools/development opportunities to be successful and continue to add value to the organization as SME’s in their respective areas of expertise.
- Must have clinical experience and preferably both Pharma and Med Device experience.
- Clinical experience as an Intensivist is required.
- The ideal candidate will have worked in a country and a region.
- Must have lead teams in the past which including medical professionals like MSLs and Medical Managers and which drove medical strategy for a country or region.
- Must have experience in leading projects or initiatives with country and region scope and aggressive timelines.
- Must have a proven record of successfully collaborating and communicating with a broad range of stakeholders, from commercial and marketing, to internal functions like R&D and Quality, to external KOL’s.
- Must have driven change initiatives in an organization both for their own team members, but also in support of the business.
- Must have experience in making difficult decisions in an ambiguous situation.
Education and/or Experience:
- MD required with an Intensive Care specialty.
- Ten or more years of experience in a corporate environment and at least 5 years of clinical experience
- At least five years of leading/managing people and teams.
- Language skills:
- English: Advance
- Spanish: Advance
- Portuguese: Desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.