Manager, Corporate Meetings & Events – Americas
DescriptionManager, Corporate Meetings & Events – Americas
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Responsible for achieving goals related to M&E operations, contractual obligations, quality of service, preferred vendor maximization, resource alignment, technology implementation, and day to day management of M&E and travel services for the region.
• Develop regional plans/initiatives for meetings and events that align with the global meeting strategy.
• Responsible for providing leadership and professional development opportunities to staff.
• Continually monitor staff alignment to ensure the highest levels of customer service, efficiency and productivity.
• Responsible for providing day-to-day management of regional M&E operations and travel services.
• Responsible for management of relationships and performance of third party M&E partners/ vendors.
• Oversees meeting development, planning and execution of meetings from the point of meeting assignment.
• Occasionally, plans detailed meeting logistics (i.e. registration requirements, room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on-site/off site events and activities, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries, VIP needs, etc.).
• Responsible for ensuring company quality, code of conduct and ethical standards are adhered to.
• Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance audit ready reporting.
• Develop, implement, and maintain standard operating procedures for region.
• Be proactive and anticipatory with operational trends and implement necessary changes in a timely manner.
• Responsible for engaging and building relationships with key regional stakeholders.
• Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and best practices.
• Report on key metrics related to M&E volume, spend, savings and service quality.
• Responsible for the coordination of M&E regional communications and training for M&E stakeholders.
• Budget management.
Essential Job Functions
• Take direction and work well with others
• Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Manage change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
• Navigate effectively through the organization
• Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity
• Travel as required
• Key corporate services and procurement personnel
• Key regional stakeholders
• Third party M&E and travel partners
• Minimum five (5) years corporate meeting planning, healthcare marketing, and/or hospitality experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technology interfaces
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to think outside the box and tap into creative solutions for meeting stakeholder needs
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Effective time management skills, with a strong ability to manage multiple projects and timetables.
• Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing scenarios.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience managing others
• CMP or equivalent industry certification
• College Degree - Business, Marketing, Hospitality
• Travel industry and destination knowledge
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.