Corporate Meeting Planner
DescriptionCorporate Meeting Planner
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Develops and executes all necessary logistics for multiple customer meetings, conferences and events.
• Develops and maintains meeting stakeholder, supplier and staff relationships.
• This role is critical to the success of meetings and events that help to advance the relationships that Baxter has with its’ employees, customers, shareholders, and media.
• Determines and plans detailed meeting logistics (i.e. registration requirements, room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on-site/off site events and activities, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries, VIP needs, etc.).
• Manages third party vendors during planning process and onsite during meetings and events, when appropriate.
• Initiates meeting stakeholder contact and engages appropriate team members.
• Prepares budget as necessary and communicates budgetary information to meeting stakeholder throughout planning and execution.
• Reviews supplier invoices for accuracy and ensures timely payment and final billing process.
• Pushes towards utilization of internal meeting space / conference center space. Be a resource on how to help associates book this space and resources available to them.
• Works to incorporate CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) and Green initiatives of Baxter into meetings/events when possible.
• Provides guidance on best practices to meeting stakeholder.
• Participates as needed on operational site visits.
• Demonstrates understanding of Baxter MP and T&E policies
• Ensures corporate and government compliance by maintaining audit ready records.
• Responsible for protecting confidential information of Baxter, third party meeting vendors and the meeting stakeholder.
• Conducts oneself in a professional and approachable manner.
• Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
Key Job Functions
• Take direction and work well with others
• Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Meet applicable productivity measures
• Manage change productively
• Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity when dealing with meeting stakeholders and team
• Must be able to travel up to 50% - combination of domestic and international travel
• Internal meeting stakeholders
• Key corporate services and procurement personnel
• Third party M&E and travel partners
• Minimum three (3) years corporate meeting planning, marketing and/or hospitality experience
• Ability to build and maintain working relationships with external meeting stakeholders
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technology interfaces
• Strong accounting skills
• Ability to think outside the box and tap into creative solutions for meeting stakeholder needs
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
• Effective time management skills with a strong ability to manage multiple projects and timetables
• Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing scenarios
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• College Degree - Business, Hospitality, Marketing
• CMP or equivalent industry certification
• Travel industry and destination knowledge
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.