Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Summary: The Shuttle Driver position is expected to work as a valued member of the Supply Chain Renal Field Operations. This job will primarily consist of local vehicle operations involving delivering orders to home patient, loading and unloading of freight, and other duties as assigned by the management team. Will work with outbound and inbound Drivers to arrange proper pick up and drop off locations for trucks.
Essential functions include:
- Move trucks from lot to assigned doors
- Move Trucks from assigned doors to assigned spots on the yard
- Move Trucks between company locations
- Handle Bill of Ladings (BOL’s) for outbound loads
- Work with onsite management team to ensure proper movement of Trucks
- Work with outbound and inbound non-Baxter and Baxter drivers to arrange proper pick up and drop off locations for trucks
- Refuel trucks as needed
- Conduct yard and/or system checks to verify accuracy of trucks and equipment
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and Baxter safety programs
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve overall team operations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to other moving vehicles and generally moderate noise levels. The position is performed in outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.