Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This position supports the manufacturing operations for Glass and Vials. Job duties include:
- Perform tests and document test results.
- Perform product sampling.
- Perform functional testing of product.
- Comply with all specifications, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and forms that pertain to the above area.
- Perform department audits as required.
- Assist with the running of protocols.
- Review specification and SOP changes.
- Write SOPs for area of responsibility.
- Comply to plant environmental health and safety regulations.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in a related discipline or plus 0-3 years related experience.
- Must have successfully completed the Career Readiness Certificate.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds; ability to lift above the shoulder up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to reach above shoulder to perform work.
- Ability to climb on ladders.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required.
- Ability to bend/stoop.
- Ability to stand for long periods at a time.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Note: position is part-time weekend with additional hours during the week.
- Required to meet visual acuity requirements per Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity SOP CL-01-01-037.
Work Performance Qualifications:
- Low absenteeism.
- Work well without close supervision.
- Ability and willingness to cross-train within the area.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements as necessary.
- Ability to accept responsibility of actions taken (right or wrong).
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate with different levels within the organization.
- Experience working with controlled documentation and specifications a plus.
- Mathematical aptitude is required.
- Knowledge of measurement methods.
- Must be able to use weight scales.
- Ability to perform correct sampling techniques (i.e., torque, chemical, etc)
- Ability to perform SPC techniques.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
All internal and external qualified applicants are required to submit a resume.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.