Sr. Manager, Operational Excellence
Req #: d6c92537-238d-4eaf-9010-ceec43df487a
Location: Hechingen, BW DE
Job Category: Manufacturing
Date Posted: 3/29/2018 7:31:33 AM
Summary:As a core member of the Corporate Operational Excellence team, this person will support OpEx deployment at the Global Business Unit (GBU) or Region. This includes program deployment and support across the plants. This individual should be a strong team player with highly developed communication and presentation skills. This position reports to the GBU/Region head of OpEx.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive OpEx program deployment at each site within the GBU/Region
- Ensure each site has local OpEx support infrastructure and deployment plan
- Work closely with the site management to better understand how corporate OpEx can assist the sites in their continuous improvement journey
- Develop a site level OpEx team support and deployment plan
- Assist in the coordination and development of the organization’s Operational Excellence deployment plan to include EMS, VIP, Certification Programs, Best Practices Sharing, and others.
- Assists leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes.
- Work with leadership in installing organizational supports for Operational Excellence (reviews, communications, rewards, software, etc.)
- Coach and mentor division-wide Black Belt and Green Belt candidates to ensure timely completion of their quality and/or cost focused projects- ultimately leading to the candidate’s certification.
- Must have experience managing teams and developing support programs
- Must have Six Sigma Black Belt certification, Master Black Belt preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of LEAN tools and methodology
- Must be able to function in a team environment.
- Must be able to directly lead and/or co-lead high-impact process improvement projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects. Demonstrated skills in planning, budgeting and project management directed toward achievement of business goals.
- Proven skills working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication and platform skills in local language as well as in English. Strong teaching and presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem solving skills.
- Strong Coaching and Facilitation skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- Certified Black Belt, solid knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing principles with a minimum 5 years for Mgr I and 7 years for Mgr II of business operations and/or plant manufacturing or engineering experience, which includes a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated process improvement success.
- Broad business knowledge and ability to link customer needs with business processes.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an international company, interacting with diverse locations across the globe.