Executive Assistant/Legal Operations Specialist
|Executive Assistant/Legal Operations Specialist|
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Seeking experienced individual to provide high-level legal support to attorneys and managers in the Legal Department.
• Must have ability to multi-task, think strategically, and offer solutions.
• Primarily dedicated to the Litigation and Employment teams of the Legal Department.
• Responsible for several processes owned and managed by the Litigation and Employment teams, provide subject matter expertise on various administrative functions and policies, and perform clerical duties.
• Responsible for various legal intake processes and triage, such as service of process, investigation inquiries, JICI’s, CDA’s, contracts, mail, and various legal documents.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for various topics including, but not limited to travel, flex scheduling, CLE tracking, invoicing, etc.
• Assist attorneys and management team with coordinating complex meetings including calendaring, preparing materials, sending out communications, and handling logistics; assist attorneys with travel and expense booking and reporting.
• Create and prepare correspondence; edit contractual agreements, revise elaborate presentations, and maintain intricate spreadsheets; create and update matters in legal tracking software and document system.
• Responsible for management of small non-litigated claims and routine minor litigation, including direct contact with claimants, matter management, tendering to third parties, documentation and disbursement.
• Coordinate complex travel arrangements for both domestic and international travel including organizing travel schedule, meetings, and logistics.
• Involvement with project management, event coordination, and corporate meeting planning.
• Review invoices to ensure compliance with Legal Billing Guidelines.
• Assist attorneys and management team with troubleshooting issues related to equipment and software.
• Maintain the supply room and handle special requests and supply orders.
• Conduct internet research and legal research as needed.
• Update and maintain intranet sites, SharePoint sites, and various other systems
• Provide high-level legal support to multiple professionals within the Legal Department and perform clerical duties as needed
• Advanced knowledge of computers/systems including, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, and mobility applications.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Internet/Intranet applications and research.
• Ability to multi-task, independently manage time and be detail oriented.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external high level executives.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Thinks strategically, sees the big picture and understands impact on the business
• Displays sense of urgency
• Capable of responding to changing situations and reprioritizing work as necessary
• A self-starter with the ability to problem-solve and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Potential for overtime and working outside of normal office hours as necessary
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships
• Professional and positive work ethic
• Poise and tact in all circumstances
Education and Experience
• College degree or working towards one preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in legal department, law firm or other fast past work environment with similar demands
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.