Senior Controls Engineer
- Engineering key role for Plastic Pour Bottle Solution operations.
- Primary focus is on implementing continuous improvement, new business, and capacity expansion projects.
- Additional focus will also be on manufacturing equipment reliability and process support work within the Plastic Pour Bottle operations.
- Cross-functional project management will be involved in this role as well.
- Investigate new sources for raw materials or processes.
- Design/modify precision assembly and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Prepare estimates for various tasks and projects.
- Manage capital projects both directly and through coordinating engineers.
- Drive continuous improvements activities.
- Interface with plant and corporate groups as well as contractors and vendors.
- Manage start-up, debug, and commission of new manufacturing processes.
- Equipment life cycle management including: upgrades, replacement, and decommissioning.
- Product life cycle management including: product design changes, materials changes, Supplier Notice of Change (SNC) assessments, specification changes, etc.
- Provide technical support/troubleshooting to all plant departments.
- Support and achieve Value Improvement Projects (VIPs).
- Responsible for adhering to FDA Design Control standards at all times.
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining all department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations. Use engineering tools to solve problems.
- BS in engineering required (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Computer degrees are preferred) and 3-5 years engineering manufacturing experience in related FDA industry preferred.
- Programming/troubleshooting experience with automation controls, automated assembly, control systems, PLCs, HMIs, servo's and vision inspection systems is preferred.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification or industry standard equivalent is preferred.
- Plastics experience such as: plastic bottle blow molding, plastic component injection molding, liquid silicone molding, or film/tubing extrusion is a plus.
- Project management training, skills, and experience highly preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing skills and experience are a plus.
- Demonstrate application of engineering principles on project work.
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of employees and functions such as quality, validation, manufacturing, purchasing, maintenance, etc.
- Must be able to meet all cleanroom Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) for areas of manufacturing where work needs to be done.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.