Research Manager - R&D
Req #: 1800045P_en
Location: Bangalore, KA IN
Job Category: Research and Development
Date Posted: 3/26/2018 7:28:47 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This position will act as the group manager for the analytical team supporting the development of new or support of existing products. This position will also provide support for analytical/stability testing with Baxter external partners. Specifically, this position is expected to:
- Lead the local analytical team responsible for developing analytical plans for new product development and sustaining product projects. Define and communicate criteria by which team and individual success will be measured. Provide constructive feedback and recognition. Effectively coach, mentor and motivate others for outstanding performance.
- Manage the team acting as study directors for the design and execution of method validation and transfer studies.
- Represent subject matter expertise in the areas of analytical chemistry internally and externally as needed.
- Collaborate with Baxter external partners to ensure successful execution of analytical testing and study designs.
- Lead the analytical problem solving efforts to meet urgent business needs. Generate innovative solutions to complex problems through the use of multiple disciplines and technical principles. Create innovative products/processes/methods through novel combinations of expertise within the organization.
- Provide oversight to laboratory based execution.
- Collaborate with other functions such as project management, regulatory, formulation, manufacturing and quality control in project teams. Develop effective project schedules and manage budgets, including capital. Employ project management tools to manage to those project schedules and budgets; review and apply best-demonstrated practices, team processes, and improve operational efficiency.
- Seek regular input and feedback from customers and take appropriate action. Identify and initiate discussion of key business issues affecting the project.
- Understand and effectively communicate to team members about the market niche, competitive forces influencing the project, and how the project fits into the function's strategic focus/plan.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant Quality System Regulations and other regulatory requirements related to research and development. Support the drafting and review of analytical content required for regulatory filings and responses to analytical regulatory queries.
- Bachelors with 10 years experience or 5-7 years experience with Masters and 2-4 years experience with PhD.
- Subject matter expertise in areas associated with modern analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, UV, etc. Ability to learn and master new analytical techniques and develop new methods where appropriate. Understand why a technique is required not just how to do the technique.
- A good understanding of ICH and cGxP practice.
- Experience with leading analytical projects, method development, validation and transfer.
- The ability to energetically attack a problem and synthesize the results into a clear and logical summary in a timely manner is critical.
- Communication skills to build relationships across functional and geographical boundaries and present technical concepts to technical and non-technical teams.
- Comfort with risk and ambiguity, ability to negotiate critical timelines.
- Experience in working in global cross-functional teams and project management.
- Ability to adapt to changes and to work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate effective supervisory/leadership skills.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific
innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and
technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing
creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other
legally protected characteristic.