Sr. Principal, Lead System Designer
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Senior Principal Systems Engineer uses state-of-the-art techniques to lead cross-functional teams in the driving successful closure of challenging development projects to final design, as well as resolving difficult problems in a collaborative environment. Provide technical leadership in design transfer activities that is effective and efficient.
Plans, executes and functionally directs important engineering assignments, which require independent judgment.
· Leads cross functional teams and/or integrates cross functional inputs to delivery of a project of moderate technical and strategic complexity. May integrate technical development schedules for those products, provided as input to the full cross-functional project schedule.
· Engaged and influential within the team as the leader for a product of high to moderate complexity.
· Analyzes Complex Designs or Processes: evaluates and approves complex designs or processes across disciplines ensuring functional requirements are met.
· Ensures cross-functional review, discussion and debate of input; identifies and prepares appropriate stakeholders within functional, program and/or project team to make decisions.
· Ensures inclusion of inputs into product and technical design reviews from all cross functional stakeholders.
· Anticipates technical challenges and risk scenarios and prepares, leads, and executes mitigation strategies to ensure optimal results.
· Understands and contributes to resolution of competing constraints among inter-related functions (e.g. engineering, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing) required to deliver products to market.
· Establishes, maintains and actively develops associations with cross functional business partners and/or functional peers across Baxter.
· Utilizes creative thinking and teamwork to resolve conflicts.
· Embraces accountability for critical decisions and deliverables within area of responsibility (e.g. program milestones, technical design reviews, due diligence, etc).
· Embraces team and management decisions while also raising issues to appropriate level.
· Ability to work with Project Management to create and manage schedules for electrical systems and sub-systems. Must have the ability to conduct project management of small to medium complexity projects.
· Designs to meet regulatory requirements as determined by FDA, ISO, and IEC standards.
Minimum Qualifications/Previous Experience:
· B.S. or M.S in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Software) with 8+ years engineering experience.
· Preferred: Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in medical device industry.
· Technical knowledge of Software/Hardware Design creation such as [DSP, Linux environments, Embedded systems]
· Medical Design experience with ECG/EKG, Pulse oximetry, or ventilators is a plus
· Cross-functional team experience, including technical and non-technical work.
· Documentation experience as related to Design Inputs to Outputs to meet user needs including regulatory requirements.
· Demonstrated success in delivering results on technical challenges including strong investigative and problem solving skills
· Has organized and presented technical and project overviews without assistance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.